University of Cincinnati
Assistant Vice Provost of Admissions
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Assistant Vice Provost of Admissions will be a visionary, a thoughtful and creative leader, and active partner to the enrollment team.
The Assistant Vice Provost of Admissions leads a team of 50+ staff in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions covering the university’s Clifton (Main) Campus, Clermont Campus, and Blue Ash Campus. The Assistant Vice Provost serves as a key leader and strategist in support of an integrated, multi-faceted and dynamic enrollment operation. Student enrollment has reached record levels each year for nearly a decade. Supported by a skilled team and guided by the university’s Next Lives Here strategic direction that inspires new achievement.
In partnership with Marketing and Communications, the Assistant Vice Provost is responsible for the development and execution of strategic marketing efforts to support recruitment and admissions. In partnership with key staff in the Office of Admissions, partner offices within Enrollment Management, academic colleges and other units, the Assistant Vice Provost will develop and implement innovative programming that will achieve the university’s desire to recruit, select, admit and enroll an increasing number of well-qualified and diverse students locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. It will be expected that the Assistant Vice Provost bring a fresh approach while appreciating current strategies.
Additionally, the Assistant Vice Provost of Admissions will:
- Demonstrate innovation and knowledge of cutting-edge technologies in the enrollment arena and data reporting.
- Collaborate with the undergraduate colleges and other stakeholders to meet their unique challenges and to advance their enrollment goals.
- Manage and refine an integrated recruitment and yield strategy for undergraduate students, including market assessment and segmentation, brand marketing and promotional strategies.
- Develop, create, manage and maintain partnerships with local, regional, and state organizations to enhance relationships with current markets and increase growth into new markets.
- Responsible for continuing growth of first year and transfer students at all three campuses in support of university goals and Strategic Sizing initiatives.
Professional Qualifications and Personal Qualities
The Assistant Vice Provost of Admissions will possess deep and comprehensive experience in admissions to contribute to the creation and refinement of the strategy of UC’s future student body. The Assistant Vice Provost will have a keen interest in forming a partnership with the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and her or his colleagues within the division, serving as a key partner to the Enrollment Management team. She or he will display the skill, ability and interest to work with people from complex and diverse cultures, backgrounds and perspectives and possess an appreciation for and dedication to community engagement at an urban serving institution. The Assistant Vice Provost will able to connect with a wide variety of constituents at all levels within the university and beyond.
In addition, the Assistant Vice Provost will possess the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with seven (7) years of experience in the admissions or enrollment management field and/or equivalent experience in student success or student service roles
- Three (3) years of supervision with an emphasis on the professional development of staff members
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of best practices in enrollment management including but not limited to marketing, data analytics, recruitment and yield strategies
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with feeder high schools, community colleges and counselors while conducting national and international recruitment plans; high visibility with local, regional and national professional organizations
- Ability to lead a centralized admissions office, in addition to supporting decentralized academic enrollment offices
- Master’s degree and previous supervision of an admissions team are preferred
- Extensive knowledge of databases and reporting software such as Peoplesoft, CRM’s, Tableau, etc.
- Utilizes data to inform intelligent decision making, forecasting and builds strategy from those conclusions
- A high level of collaboration and teamwork with effective communication and presentation skills; proven ability to collaborate with a wide cross-section of senior administrators, faculty, alumni, staff, students and families
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation in strategic planning and problem-solving and an understanding of integrated marketing and its impact on enrollment
- Demonstrated effective management of departmental resources (budget, personnel, space, etc.)
ABOUT UC & CINCINNATI
In September 2019, the University of Cincinnati was again named in the Top Tier of the country’s “Best National Universities,” placing at 139 in the special issue carrying the 2020 rankings. UC is ranked at 64 among top public universities.
UC ranks in the top 5 among the nation’s elite institutions for co-op and internships for 2020, and comes in No. 1 in the nation among public universities in this category, beating out the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Duke University, Stanford University and many more.
In addition, UC has numerous programs ranked among the top 100 public universities in the nation. And UC is listed among national universities with substantial economic diversity as measured by the percentage of undergraduates (44 percent) receiving federal Pell Grants for low-income students. In the U.S. News global rankings, UC placed at No. 196 globally. The ranking is based on the institution’s global and regional research reputation, publications, books, conferences and more.
The City of Cincinnati was rated a Best Place to live by US News & World Report and provides both urban and suburban life as well as river views and rolling hills. Our city offers a wealth of amenities that include professional sports, world-class entertainment, a vibrant arts scene, gorgeous parks and nature trails, acclaimed museums, a celebrated zoo, a variety of restaurants and a flourishing riverfront scene. We actually offer the features of two cities when you include the thriving area of northern Kentucky just across the river. Affordable and family-friendly with excellent public and private schools it is no wonder multiple Fortune 500 companies call Cincinnati home. Visit www.cincinnatiusa.com to learn more.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Job Traveling : 0-20%