University of the Sciences
University of the Sciences (USciences) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Registrar. The Registrar is responsible for leadership in the planning, direction, and supervision of all activities related to registration services and enrollment records of current and former students, including the integrity, maintenance, and access to these records in compliance with all laws and regulations related to student records. The Registrar works closely with all levels of faculty governance as well as staff and students. This position serves as an expert resource in the development and implementation of academic policies.
This is the perfect opportunity to join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success.
- Oversees the generation, storage and use of all student academic records. This includes the records of both current and former undergraduates and graduate students, full and part time students and matriculated and non-matriculated students.
- Provides leadership and develops appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications in support of enhanced services offered through the Registrar’s Office
- Manages and supervises staff. Encourages and supports professional development of staff. Conducts performance appraisals.
- Oversees registration, drop/add, declaration of pass/fail and audit, course withdrawal and maintenance of all registration programs in cooperation with the admission, financial aid, and student account offices.
- Develops, implements, and oversees office policies and procedures that ensure the coordination of a master schedule of courses and sections offered each academic period.
- Oversees the issuance of academic transcripts and enrollment verifications of all current and former students as requested
- Acts as the Data Steward for student information in the University’s data systems.
- Serves as the University’s compliance officer for FERPA and ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations governing academic records.
- Oversees the creation and production of reports on student academic performance.
- Advises the Associate Provost on academic standards, policies, and developments at the University and in higher education.
- Acts as administrative liaison with Faculty Senate and other academic entities on policy matters affecting academic standards and records and serves on the Academic Affairs Committee and the Curriculum Subcommittee of Faculty Senate.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships and communications with key divisions of the University. Negotiates and encourages cooperation on matters related to the Registrar’s Office responsibilities.
- Interprets and administers academic standards and regulations related to students’ academic records.
- Oversees the scheduling of instructional space for the campus and produces classroom utilization data, as necessary.
- Serves as the University’s Certifying Official for Veterans Administration benefits.
- Responsible for the recording of transfer credit evaluations.
- Responsible for electronic submissions of SSCR [Student Status Confirmation Report].
- Directs the compilation of commencement lists.
- Oversees the revision and updating of the Degree Audit system in coordination with approved curricula.
- Stays informed about government regulatory requirements and pending changes and advises University officials about potential implications.
- Develops and administers Registrar’s Office administrative budgets.
- Undertakes research on matters related to the responsibilities of the Registrar’s Office and related University policies.
- Directs preparation of statistical reports on educational activities. Analyzes statistical data on registration for administrative use in formulating policies.
- Complies with American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) Statement of Professional Ethics and Practice and ensures respect for these principles at the University
- Represents and promotes the University by active participation in professional organizations including but not limited to the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), the Middle States Association of Collegiate Registrars and Officers of Admission (MSACROA) and similar professional organizations.
- Performs other related tasks as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Master’s degree in student services, educational administration or a related area required.
- Must have a substantial record of accomplishment as a registrar professional, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in increasingly responsible leadership positions.
- Experience with online education highly desired.
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver Records and Registration services.
- Working knowledge of integrated database SIS systems; experience with Workday preferred.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with university departments and cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement academic records industry best practices.
- Knowledge and proficiency in meeting and project planning.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and administer departmental budget.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check.
For consideration, please upload a cover letter and CV. These documents must be submitted together as one document through the resume upload field.
USciences values and supports a diverse and inclusive place to learn and work. Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Community
USciences is a part of the University City District (UCD) which has world-renowned anchor institutions, small businesses, and residents. Our area is rich with health systems that provide direct patient care as well as numerous opportunities for collaborative research and clinical practice. Our institution is within walking distance to the Philadelphia VA, Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and a city health center. UCD is also a vibrant place to work and live. It’s a destination for eclectic food, boasts excellent public transit, and has bike lanes and numerous bike share locations. With a Walk Score of 90, it is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in Philadelphia. For more information about UCD, please visit their website at: https://www.universitycity.org/Job Traveling : None