American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
About the Job
The Director leads the Strategic Enrollment Management Conference and handles all administrative responsibilities to coordinate content and manage the technology for, and in support of, this annual meeting, in collaboration with AACRAO meetings and under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director (AED), Meetings & Partnerships.
The Director works with the AED to maintain and expand the SEM conference as the world’s preeminent meeting on this topic, investigate and implement emerging delivery modes for content and to grow conference attendance, generally, and to target groups identified as critical to the health of SEM worldwide. Time commitment varies widely throughout the year, from sporadic emails, monthly conference calls during the planning cycle, to concentrated periods of session review and full engagement during the conference.
This is a part-time, remote position; work hours vary and may occur during the day or evening to accommodate advisory board schedules, time zones, etc. Some travel and weekend work is required as related to the SEM Conference which takes place in the Fall. Honorarium starts at $12,000 with room to grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate SEM planning team.
- Coordinate the SEM advisory group(s) that provide input on strategic direction and content of the Conference.
- Prepare and submit project plan and early announcement.
- Prepare copy for the “Call for Presentation Proposals.”
- Configure and maintain the session builder/abstract manager.
- Assist AACRAO staff in prepare marketing materials content (articles for AACRAO publications, notices on listservs and Web, social media content, response to inquiries, etc.).
- Evaluate, select and communicate with presenters.
- Develop the SEM Conference program (events, sequencing).
- Coordinate on-site activities, act as primary host/emcee.
- Provide post-conference evaluation summary and recommendation for future SEM conferences.
- Interact with the AACRAO Meetings Department, whose responsibilities include the following:Monitor budget
- Plenary presenter arrangements
- Hotel staff liaison
- Payment of bills
- Exhibits/Vendor support
- Partner/Vendor negotiations
- Corporate presentations
- Attend the AACRAO Annual Meeting and Tech-Transfer Conference to solicit exemplary sessions, authors and/or advisory group members and to coordinate content with the planning bodies/directors of these meetings.
- Master’s degree required; doctoral degree preferred
- At least ten years of enrollment leadership experience in a higher education setting.
- At least ten years experience in higher education enrollment with a regionally accredited college or university or its international equivalent.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will embody and reflect the AACRAO Values of collaboration, innovation, inclusivity, inquiry, and integrity, as well as the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Exemplary and proven leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to articulate a clear vision for SEM and the role of AACRAO in its development, worldwide.
- Prior experience leading a national or international conference, preferably on SEM, is strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of higher education systems in the United States and abroad required; additional foreign system REV 03/16/2022 expertise desired.
- Expert knowledge of Strategic Enrollment Management and the higher education sector.
- Ability to autonomously exercise good judgment in the identification of critical tasks, setting of priorities, and serving the needs of the Association.
- Team player with the ability to interact appropriately with all internal and external colleagues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other current technologies to help improve efficiency and productivity.
- Experience with abstract management systems
AACRAO offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits and retirement package, and a convenient location in Washington, D.C.
AACRAO is a non-profit, voluntary, professional association of more than 11,000 higher education professionals representing approximately 2,600 institutions in more than 40 countries. Its commitment to the professional development of its members includes best practice guidance on admissions strategies to meet institutional diversity objectives, delivery of academic programs in innovative ways to meet the needs of a changing student body, and exemplary approaches to student retention and completion.
AACRAO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.Job Traveling : 20% - 40%