American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
About the Job
AACRAO seeks an experienced higher education professional to lead our enrollment management/services consulting practice.
IN SUPPORT OF KEY ORGANIZATIONAL STRATEGY
AACRAO is strategic in its efforts to help institutions improve their campus operations and enrollment results. AACRAO Consulting delivers comprehensive and integrated multi-disciplinary expertise to improve the institution-wide productivity, efficiencies and effectiveness of internal resources, business processes, and technology investments.
This position plays an integral role in ensuring the health of the association. The position is instrumental in leveraging significant support for AACRAO’s mission and vision. This position is suitable for remote work. Salary is commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs all aspects of the business, including product offerings, marketing, budget, and financial planning.
- Consults as needed, and recruits, reviews, coaches, and trains consultants.
- Develops new business lines of consulting based on current trends and emerging needs.
- Expands international consulting.
- Supervises consulting staff.
Subject Matter Leadership
- Develops, coordinates, and implements enrollment management/services related initiatives for enhancing AACRAO’s role as the leading organization for enrollment management professionals.
- As the leading organization for SEM (Strategic Enrollment Management), AACRAO’s consulting practice is viewed as the authoritative voice on the topic. This position will lead efforts to maintain this reputation and credibility and works with Senior Consultants and SEM leaders to keep AACRAO at the forefront on the direction and future of SEM on the national and global stage – including SEM Conferences and related initiatives
- Identifies, articulates, and advances the AACRAO agendas in consultation with the Leadership Team.
- Presents and provides visibility regarding AACRAO topics to the global community.
- Provide or support the solicitation, relevant content for books, articles, white papers, webinars, and workshops, etc.
General AACRAO Activities
- Advises and assists the AACRAO Leadership Team.
- Contributes to the international growth of AACRAO.
- Attends all AACRAO conferences: SEM Conference, Annual Meeting, and Tech & Transfer Virtual Conference and additional events and meetings if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required; doctorate preferred. Exceptional professional experience may be substituted for a doctoral degree.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience as a senior enrollment professional, having a leadership role in these fields of higher education.
- 8-10 years supervisory/management experience.
- Budget development, financial management, and contract negotiation skills.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will embody and reflect the AACRAO Values of collaboration, innovation, inclusivity, inquiry, and integrity, as well as the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience within the enrollment management professions and the network of key professionals with member institutions and other associations and agencies.
- Knowledge of business development practices and strategies, especially related to consulting.
- Team player with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex thoughts clearly and succinctly.
- Strategist with the ability to lead a team to achieve goals.
- Flexible approach with the ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Ability to travel extensively, must obtain a current U.S. passport.
How to Apply
Using this form, interested applicants must submit:
- a resume,
- a cover letter,
- the names and contact information for three professional references (one of which should be a supervisor).
- Applications are due by 5:00 P.M. ET on October 31, 2022.
- The AACRAO office is located in downtown Washington, D.C. with local staff working a hybrid model.
- This position is eligible for remote status for those not in the D.C. Metro area and hybrid status for those in the D.C. Metro area.
AACRAO offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits and retirement package, and a convenient location in Washington, D.C.
AACRAO is a non-profit, voluntary, professional association of more than 11,000 higher education professionals representing approximately 2,600 institutions in more than 40 countries. Its commitment to the professional development of its members includes best practice guidance on admissions strategies to meet institutional diversity objectives, delivery of academic programs in innovative ways to meet the needs of a changing student body, and exemplary approaches to student retention and completion.
AACRAO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.Job Traveling : 60% - 80%