American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
About the Job
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator supports the Marketing & Communication department in executing and monitoring communications, marketing, and advertising strategies across the Association. This role involves:
- reviewing and creating public relations and marketing materials such as press releases, blog posts, and newsletters.
- tracking and reporting analytics on marketing and communications campaigns, developing communications materials, communication schedules, promotions, email campaigns, and copy
- focuses on digital media as well as the dissemination of digital campaigns via the web, email software, and social media.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write/Edit/Coordinate the creation of digital and print marketing materials, promotions, email campaigns, e-newsletters, press releases, advertising copy, and other online communications as needed; coordinate the placement of these materials, as needed.
- Administer the dissemination of digital campaigns via the web, email software, and social media.
- Oversee AACRAO’s social media platforms and post approved social media messages across platforms.
- Maintain the content and functionality of the AACRAO website through coordination with other departments.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and communication plans, strategies and promotions for AACRAO and its various service lines.
- Perform other marketing/communications duties as directed.
- Monitor, assesses, and reports on website performance on a regular basis using Google Analytics and helps develop strategies to grow website traffic.
- Deliver traditional media and digital (search, social, email, paid ads) analytics, plus creative testing and hypothesis testing.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (social science, humanities, or education preferred).
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing and communications; ideally, in non-profit communications, web communications, professional social media, and/or journalism.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and developing communications and marketing strategies in a team environment, including internal communications.
- Demonstrated experience multitasking and taking ownership of various, major- and long-term projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in event planning, project management, and/or development preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and clearly for various audiences. Familiarity with APA and MLA writing styles preferred.
- Strong editing, proofreading, and visual communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and cooperative skills for continual interaction with internal and external audiences.
- Detail oriented.
- Independent and effective time management with excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing demands in order meet assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse and partially remote team and with other employees to meet shared goals.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with higher education environment preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate:
- understands Content Management and Email Marketing systems
- has an eye for design; moderate graphic design experience; moderate experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- is able to leverage digital and social media tools to achieve measurable goals.
- is familiar with basic html.
- is a tech savvy individual and not afraid to dive in to master new platforms.
- is organized and loves a plan, but knows how to make adjustments as needed.
- is direct, conscientious, and values good work.
- is fluent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Google Suite products (GDrive, GDocs, GSheets).
- is willing to occasionally work overtime and travel up to 10% when it is safe to do so.
How to Apply
Using the application form, interested applicants must submit:
- a resume,
- a cover letter,
- three writing samples,
- the names and contact information for three professional references (one of which should be a supervisor).
UPLOAD ALL COMPONENTS AS ONE PDF
- Accepting applications until the position is filled. Applications reviewed every Friday. No phone calls or emails.
- Although currently working remotely, the AACRAO office is located in downtown Washington, D.C.
- DC-Metro area candidates preferred however accepting applications for remote employment for the right candidate.
AACRAO offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits and retirement package, and a convenient location in Washington, D.C.
AACRAO is a non-profit, voluntary, professional association of more than 11,000 higher education professionals representing approximately 2,600 institutions in more than 40 countries. Its commitment to the professional development of its members includes best practice guidance on admissions strategies to meet institutional diversity objectives, delivery of academic programs in innovative ways to meet the needs of a changing student body, and exemplary approaches to student retention and completion.