American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
About the Job
The Community and Volunteer Manager works to establish, organize, and coordinate communities of practice among AACRAO members. The Manager fosters both digital and in-person engagement around strategic areas of professional development for the Association. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, and reports to the Director of Communication & Marketing.
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000/year + benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Association leadership to identify and prioritize topics and themes for communities of interest and/or practice among AACRAO members and, at times, higher education professionals, generally.
- Develop and implement communication plans to recruit, coordinate and inform community participants.
- In partnership with other departments, develop in-person and virtual events for community participants.
- Collect and maintain data and information on participation, prepare reports to track trends and progress toward Association strategic goals, and any grants that may support communities.
- Recruit Volunteers through existing communication channels and develop a recruitment funnel.
- Train Volunteers by developing role descriptions, conducting orientation sessions, and helping volunteers develop their skills.
- Collect data on volunteer programs to create reports and distribute those reports to key personnel in the organization in order to determine if a volunteer program is meeting its goals.
- Manage and schedule volunteers across volunteer programs; ensure that programs have enough volunteer staffing and that programs meet stated goals.
- Motivate and engage volunteers so that they grow their engagement with the organization.
The ideal candidate:
- is experienced in community and/or volunteer recruitment and management.
demonstrates exemplary and proven organizational, customer service, and communication skills.
- has the ability to design, develop and implement community meetings and volunteer training programs, in-person and virtually, with limited supervision.
- has the ability to autonomously exercise good judgment in identification of critical tasks, setting of priorities and serving the needs of the association., including the ability to work successfully in a remote working environment.
- is a team player with the ability to interact appropriately with all internal and external colleagues.
- is proficient with Microsoft suite and other current technologies to help improve efficiency and productivity.
- is preferably experienced in higher education administration or academic programs.
- has a BA/BBA/BS degree required.
How to Apply
UPLOAD ALL COMPONENTS AS ONE PDF
Using this form, interested applicants must submit:
- a resume,
- a cover letter,
- the names and contact information for three professional references.
- Accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls or emails.
- Although currently working remotely, the AACRAO office is located in downtown Washington, D.C.
- This position is eligible for remote and/or hybrid status.
AACRAO offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits and retirement package, and a convenient location in Washington, D.C.
AACRAO is a non-profit, voluntary, professional association of more than 11,000 higher education professionals representing approximately 2,600 institutions in more than 40 countries. Its commitment to the professional development of its members includes best practice guidance on admissions strategies to meet institutional diversity objectives, delivery of academic programs in innovative ways to meet the needs of a changing student body, and exemplary approaches to student retention and completion.
AACRAO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.Job Traveling : 0-20%