American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
About the Job
The Strategic Projects Manager coordinates large-scale projects for AACRAO Consulting, and provides direct consulting services to client institutions. This includes budget development and management, project reporting, client and consultant training, project communications and coordination, and development of strategic project materials under the direction of the Associate Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management and Coordination
- Develops and manages tools to track progress of major strategic projects (i.e., grant-funded projects, major consulting engagements), including budgets, consultant work completion and pay, deliverables, etc.
- Assists in the development of materials required to propose and launch major strategic projects, including budgets, proposals, grant documents, etc.
- Creates and submits reports as needed for funders, clients, or others, as outcomes of the strategic projects.
Direct Consulting Services
- Solicits new clients and follows-up on inquiries from prospective clients received through the AACRAO Office or other channels.
- Creates proposals for work and associated budget drafts for review and completion by the Senior Associate Director, Consulting, Managing Consultants, and/or the Associate Executive Director, Consulting and SEM (AED)
- Provides direct consulting services to client institutions, companies and agencies, as assigned by the AED.
- Creates and edits consulting project reports.
- Provides expert content in the form of publications, presentations, workshops, seminars, online courses and social media.
Training and Development
- Reviews pool of potential consultants with AED and AACRAO Consulting Management Team.
- Develops and implements training programs and related materials for clients and/or consultants, as needed for strategic projects.
- Works with companies and agencies to coordinate product training for AACRAO Consultants.
- Manages the work of consultants assigned to areas of responsibility by the AED.
- Additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- BA/BBA/BS degree required; graduate degree preferred
- At least 5-7 years supervisory experience in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated success in higher education consulting and project/operations management.
- At least 10 years’ experience in higher education enrollment with a regionally accredited college or university or its international equivalent.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong project management abilities, including managing multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables.
- Exemplary and proven consulting, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to design, develop and implement training programs with limited supervision.
- Expert knowledge of one or more areas of practices within academic and enrollment services, and the higher education sector.
- Ability to autonomously exercise good judgment in identification of critical tasks, setting of priorities and serving the needs of the association, including the ability to work successfully in a remote working environment.
- Team player with the ability to interact appropriately with all internal and external colleagues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite, Google tools and other current technologies to help improve efficiency and productivity.
How to Apply
Using this form, interested applicants must submit:
- a resume,
- a cover letter,
- three writing samples,
- the names and contact information for three professional references (one of which should be a supervisor).
- Accepting applications until the position is filled. Applications reviewed regularly.
- Although currently working remotely, the AACRAO office is located in downtown Washington, D.C.
- This is a remote work position based in the applicant’s home office.
AACRAO offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits and retirement package, and a convenient location in Washington, D.C.
AACRAO is a non-profit, voluntary, professional association of more than 11,000 higher education professionals representing approximately 2,600 institutions in more than 40 countries. Its commitment to the professional development of its members includes best practice guidance on admissions strategies to meet institutional diversity objectives, delivery of academic programs in innovative ways to meet the needs of a changing student body, and exemplary approaches to student retention and completion.
AACRAO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.Job Traveling : 20% - 40%