Job Description Summary
The Assistant Registrar assists with day-to-day office leadership and management of the Registrar’s Office processes and operations staff, working in close partnership with the University Registrar and Associate Registrars to achieve the office’s functional objectives with efficiency and integrity. The Assistant Registrar also works closely with the Registrar’s Office leadership team to apply institutional policy and procedures, oversees the articulation of all external credit and works closely with the Lead Operations and Registration Assistant on the degree clearance process; gathering documents for incomplete student files; coding curricular adjustments for degree audits; and training staff.
• Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the Assistant Registrar is able to articulate and interpret graduate and undergraduate program requirements, office information systems and regular functional duties of the Registrar’s office sufficiently to serve as back-up for the Registrar or the Associate Registrars in their absence. This includes representing them at campus meetings and responding to student and faculty questions when office support staff need assistance.
• Oversee the establishment of schedules for office coverage.
• Coordinate with the Undergraduate Office of Admission regarding the timing of new student matriculation and updating transfer course equivalencies as necessary.
• Ensure timely and accurate posting of Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits, per university policy. Verify accuracy of test credit equivalencies each year.
• Coordinate the Course Away process for Bentley University students who are approved to take coursework at another institution. Communicate with students regarding requirements and timeline for credit posting.
• Manage the posting of transfer credit for current students from Course Away classes and non-Bentley study abroad programs.
• Manage the posting of grades from Brandeis and Regis for students enrolled in the cross-college registration process.
• Work closely with the staff at the Cronin Office of International Education to support the Bentley Study Abroad program. Ensure timely enrollment in external courses and posting of grades once abroad coursework has been completed. Work with International Education staff to routinely identify business process improvements and efficiencies.
• Communicate with the Office of Graduate Admission to collect any missing transcripts to verify their baccalaureate degrees and apply any applicable course waivers before allowing them to register for future terms.
• Maintain, update and process weekly reports, for repeated coursework, dual enrollments and errors in evaluations. Identify areas where audit queries can be developed for proactive records analysis.
• Assist in supervising and supporting the Registrar’s Office operations staff members. Conduct regular one on one meetings with any direct reports.
• Assist Registrar’s Office team with adjusting students’ DegreeWorks audits, entering waivers and substitutions as needed.
• Serve as a back-up to the Lead Operations and Registration Assistant for all matters related to degree audits and program completion clearances.
• Provide back-up for day-to-day records and registration services, including registering students, issuing transcripts, answering phones, responding to requests, reporting grades and working special events (e.g., convocation, commencement, transfer events).
• Train new staff on office procedures and Registrar’s office technology, as needed.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience in higher education or related field.
• Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail are required.
• Strong affinity for technology with experience in Microsoft Office and information systems.
• Ability to work effectively in a high-volume environment while maintaining excellent customer service to a variety of constituencies including students, alumni, faculty and family members of students.
• Experience in a higher education setting and with student information systems is highly preferred.
• Strong technology skills with an interest and aptitude for learning new technology systems on a regular basis.
• Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when dealing with difficult situations. Supervisory experience.
• Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work.
• Ability to travel around campus for meetings and other work related events.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
PI187460747Job Traveling : None