Bunker Hill Community College
Health Careers Admissions Coordinator-Admissions & Recruitment – Bunker Hill Community College
Location: Boston, MA Category: Professional Staff Posted On: Tue Nov 2 2021 Job Description:
Reporting to the Director of Admissions & Recruitment, the Admissions Coordinator is part of the College’s Admissions and Recruitment team and will be the primary staff member for Admissions on the Chelsea Campus. With specific emphasis on creating a welcoming and supportive environment for students.
The Coordinator will assist in providing leadership to the Admissions Counselors, Special Programs Coordinator, Recruiter and processing staff as it relates to admissions counseling, recruitment, selective admission programs, application processing and other tasks.
This position will assist with day-to-day office workflow and operations, oversee recruitment travel, and execute recruitment strategies. As Coordinator, a primary responsibility is also to address prospective and new student concerns/issues that support the continuous goal of providing a student-centered approach for Admissions and the College.
• Serve as the admissions and recruitment representative for Bunker Hill Community College on the Chelsea Campus;
• Promote and recruit for all of BHCC programs and certificates with particular attention to the ones offered at the Chelsea campus, with a special focus in the health and allied health programs;
• Manage recruitment specialty area by developing relationships with diverse constituencies including, but not limited to prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, industry professionals, employment agencies, GED centers, and community based organizations by attending college fairs, conducting information sessions, classroom visits and representing the college at industry events;
• One day per week will be on the Chelsea High School Campus working with prospective students;
• Supervise work study students or any temporary support staff assigned to the office;
• Provide leadership for all phases of the work being done in the Admissions and Recruitment office;
• Assist in directing the admissions processes for all programs including selective admissions programs, including integrating appropriate technological solutions to improve efficiency and accuracy;
• Coordinates the applicant selection process with program directors, for selective admission programs, by receiving and reviewing all supporting documents while outreaching and communicating with student inquires about the process and next steps;
• Helps to strengthen re-applications by providing post-decision counseling for unsuccessful applicants;
• Ensures the currency of information accessible on the college website by monitoring and maintaining information for updates. Communicates updates needed to the Director and/or Interim Associate Director;
• To use available technology such as Radius by Campus Management, TargetX by Salesforce, and Colleague for data collection, analysis and outreach for the recruitment and admission of students;
• Review weekly and monthly admissions and enrollment data to assist the Director of Admissions & Recruitment with student funnel data and creation of territory management for recruitment and admissions counselors;
• Carry out and monitor office and college policies and procedures as they relate to admissions and enrollment;
• Ensure that the delivery of customer service is student-centered and consistent within the office;
• Assist the Director of Admissions & Recruitment in the implementation of the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) and Recruitment Plans;
• Manage the recruitment travel calendar and assist with recruitment activities at primary, secondary and alternative schools, college nights, career fairs, businesses, community events, etc. both on and off-campus to provide information on college opportunities and admission policies and procedures;
• To assist in the further development of an inclusive and comprehensive outreach program for a diverse applicant population;
• Act as the Admissions contact person for articulation agreements & partnerships with college and organizations outside of BHCC in collaboration with the coordinator of enrollment for transfer articulation.
• Represent the department on College committees and task forces, and in the larger community; particularly for the Chelsea community.
• Assists with walk-in students, staff and faculty;
• Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director and or the Interim Associate Director of Admissions and Recruitment.
• Master degree in Education, Counseling, Human Services, Liberal Arts or closely related field;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Admissions/Advising areas of higher education and at least one year of experience working with criteria-based Allied Health and Health Science (Nursing, Medical Imaging) programs;
• Proven experience successfully managing processes with deadline dependent tasks;
• Demonstrated experience in understanding, interpreting and enforcing policy and procedures;
• Ability to travel to and from recruitment sites, Chelsea Campus and conduct other work activities;
• Knowledge of SIS systems such as Colleague, Banner and Peoplesoft.
• Knowledge of CRM systems such as Radius, TargetX (Salesforce)
• Be proficient and have the capacity to utilize technology programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access), database administration, and Internet and e-mail software packages;
• Should also have the ability to utilize new software and technologies as needed.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a busy environment;
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
• This position will require a minimum of work 37.5 hours per week, with a requirement of two evenings per week. Operating Office hours will be Monday – Thursday 9:30am – 5:30pm; Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
• Will be required to work evenings and weekends as the need arises.
• Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese or Haitian Creole.
• Knowledge of transfer credit database such as Transferology preferred.
• Community college experience
• Leadership experience in a higher education setting with experience in Admissions, preferably in the Massachusetts community college system.
Salary Range: $59,939.00-$62,410.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education & Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade 6, Unit Professional position.
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By November 17, 2021.
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless granted an accommodation.
PI152788588Job Traveling : None