Delaware State University
Delaware State University
Vacancy Announcement – Registrar
Division of Strategic Enrollment Management
Apply online at www.desu.edu
Applications will be accepted until position is filled
About the University:
Delaware State University founded in 1981 is a four-year, doctorial granting, comprehensive, state funded, historically black University located in Dover Delaware. Delaware State University has campuses in all three counties in the State of Delaware. The University offers 42 undergraduate degree programs, 16 master’s degree programs and six doctoral degree programs, with a total enrollment of fast approaching 6,000 students. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), as well as by six specialized academic accrediting agencies. As a result, it is dedicated to providing excellent teaching, research, and service at the university, state, and national levels.
Statement of the Job:
The University Registrar is a vital position that provides overall leadership and management of a multi-function and service-oriented department. The Registrar is responsible for all duties performed in the Office of Records and Registration at Delaware State University and its additional locations at New Castle County (Kirkwood Center), Sussex County (Georgetown Campus), Online Course Offerings, as well as the provision of those academic and student records services needed to support the academic programs of the University. The Registrar is responsible for the integrity, maintenance, and security of the permanent academic records of the current and former University students and is the University official responsible for compliance with all relevant state and federal laws and regulations. This position is the key advocate for the needs of students, academic departments, and academic advisors, and provides leadership in the improvement of services and system functionality in support of those needs.
1. Earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2. Minimum of six years progressively responsible experience in the Office of the Registrar, with thorough knowledge of higher education principles, practices, and procedures related to all Registrar functions.
3. Demonstrated successful supervisory and leadership experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Required)
1. Ability to manage and lead staff to complete complex projects using knowledge of student system technology, project management methodology and tools, strategic planning, and workload management.
2. Thorough knowledge of complex, computerized student information systems and processes.
3. Knowledge of student record confidentiality issues as well as how to administer FERPA regulations.
4. Clear understanding of academic programs, degree requirements and academic policies in a university/educational setting.
5. Strong interest in working with and being an advocate for diverse populations within Delaware State University community, including students, faculty and staff, administration, and alumni.
6. Clear commitment to inclusive excellence, diversity, and equity.
7. Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and team-building skills.
8. Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
9. Works collaboratively with other college administrators for the accurate reporting and recording of student academic achievement. Organizes, coordinates, and directs the day-to-day activities of the Office of the Records and Registration.
10. Facilitates student movement through academic programs, ensuring records are kept properly. Develops, designs, and implements various procedures and processes to increase department efficiency and effectiveness.
11. Participates in a variety of committees and meetings related to the Office of Records and Registration, which may involve travel outside of the University’s campuses.
12. Supervises the coordination, evaluation, and certification of all graduation applications, and oversees the graduation process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Preferred)
1. Earned Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with preparation in relevant areas.
2. Experience with the student records and advising functionality in both Banner and Degree Works.
3. Demonstrated experience collaborating with a diverse range of institutional stakeholders, and a track record of implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in an office of student records.
4. Experience creating and implementing student-centered systems to meet student and institutional needs.
5. Experience with multi-term development enrollment strategies.
6. Experience managing multiple campuses.
7. Prior experience with an enterprise-wide system such as Banner.
8. Experience as a Registrar.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
International Credential Evaluation
Academic Policy & Curriculum Delivery