Framingham State University
Location: Framingham, MA Category: Staff Posted On: Thu Jun 16 2022 Job Description:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant University Registrar for Student and Course Data shall assist the University Registrar/Director of Records and Registration Services in the preparation, analysis and maintenance of all student and course data and continual review of student data assuring data quality. This person provides specialized knowledge of student and course data and in particular, will provide expertise in 25Live along with other related duties.
Exercises supervision over non-professional, and part-time personnel assigned to the Office of the University Registrar.
Reports to the University Registrar/Executive Director of Student Records and Registration Services.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for data accuracy of all student data entered into the administrative database for all matriculated and non-matriculated students and maintaining the accuracy of the computerized data for the Institution. Includes but not limited to: Biographic/Demographics, course registrations, course add/drop & withdrawals, enrollment status (Day or DGCE), Proof of Residency, Leave of Absence (LOA) or Withdrawal from University, undergraduate readmission applications, dean’s/president’s lists, probation/suspension coding, mid-semester & final grades, change of grades, special student registrations, tuition residency status, categorical tuition waivers.
• Responsible for semester course section build by inputting proposed class schedules, additions/deletions/changes of day/time/room/instructor, along with all schedule changes for the University.
• Responsible in maintaining course and classroom scheduling information for the University. This includes managing the classroom information in 25Live to be consistent with the physical attributes of the classrooms.
• Manages advisor/advisee assignments in collaboration with academic department chairs.
• Assists the University Registrar is resolving duplicate student records as well as creating computerized records for returning students that have hard-copy records only.
• Assists the University Registrar in the process of evaluating student requests for 5th Course Approvals, Course Pass/Fail, Course Repeat Request, Directed/Independent Studies, Internships, etc.
• Oversees academic transcript information and indexing of documents including but not limited to: Independent Study topic information, repeat course information, Commonwealth Honors Program completion, education licensure statements.
• Assists with maintaining archive student hard copy files by reviewing those files for students who either graduated or became inactive. Process includes culling materials older than seven years that no longer needs to be saved. Ensuring labels remain affixed to the correct files and materials contained within files (hard copy transcript included) remain undamaged.
• Assists in the creation, updates, and management of forms, including online forms, for the Office of the University Registrar.
• Assists in the development and/or revision of office procedures as they relate to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Serves on various standing and/or special committees of the University as assigned.
• Performs related duties as required.
• A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of higher education experience required, preferably in student records. A Master’s degree and/or technical (database management) certifications preferred.
• Demonstrated successful experience with Banner or an equivalent student information system is required.
• Proficiency and working experience with MS Office suite, including Word, Access, Excel, database, communications, networking applications and other software are also required. Experience in SQL highly preferred.
• Successful experience in a highly confidential, service-oriented work environment necessary.
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organization skills, analytical, critical thinking, planning and problem solving skills needed.
• Hands-on experience supporting Banner system preferred.
• Familiarity with Banner, Workflow, Argos, Xtender Imaging Tools, 25Live.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit with an official title of Assistant Director. The anticipated salary is $55,000.
It is the policy of Framingham State University that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including booster if eligible, before they begin employment. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all individuals hired by FSU, to be verified after a verbal offer of employment has been accepted, and before employment begins. Prospective employees may submit a request for a medical or religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement to Human Resources. Furthermore, FSU employees must wear a mask inside campus buildings.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Traveling : None