Indiana University - Bloomington
Job ID: 303068
The Vice President for International Affairs and the teams of staff in OVPIA’s offices are the stewards of international activity across all campuses of Indiana University. We provide strategic leadership and advocacy for all international programs and projects and coordinate the resources necessary to sustain their growth. Our goal is to enable as many students, faculty, and staff as possible to pursue international and intercultural knowledge and experiences and to become engaged global citizens.
The Office of International Admissions resides within the Office of International Services (OIS) and is dedicated to helping international students and scholars achieve their goals. Our staff recruit, admit, and enroll international students from all over the world. We provide social and cultural programming and visa- and immigration-related advising among other assistance to all international students and scholars. Join our nationally recognized team and help us serve the amazing and incredibly diverse international population at IU.
- Ensures successful academic review of all international student applications to the university
- Serves as direct supervisor for Credentials Analyst team within the Office of International Services
- Maintains and develops all procedure and training documentation related to academic review for international admissions
- Maintains and develops knowledge base for all international education systems
- Maintains working knowledge of all admissions-related university databases
- Participates collaboratively within professional networks both inside and outside the university
- Maintains, implements, and oversees a holistic review process for international admissions.
- Identifies and develops collaborative partnerships with relevant university stakeholders
- Interprets academic policies and exercises authority and independent judgment.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates programs and processes and determines the effectiveness of markets and strategies. Exercises independent judgment and uses census data and modeling tools to identify effective marketing plans and strategies to address specific populations.
- Serves in a collaborative role with internal and external stakeholders to identify targets of opportunity to attract and enroll under-represented populations. Participates in the assessment and evaluation of various models.
- May attend meetings or serve on committees with the admissions stakeholders, including all staff meetings, recruitment, and outreach team meetings, customer service lead meetings, and undergraduate recruitment council meetings; may provide guidance to other admissions counselors, particularly regarding academic review of student applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years in admissions, higher education, marketing, or related field
- Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Possesses excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Highly developed customer relations skills
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to interpret federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations and required procedures associated with compliance required
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
This position is expected to be primarily remote, with occasional in person requirements upon the completion of Ferguson International Center . Remote work arrangements are subject to change based on university policy and business needs.Job Traveling : None
Transfer Credit Evaluation
International Credential Evaluation