National University of Health Sciences
Reporting to the Vice President for Business Services, the Associate Vice President for Admissions (AVP) supports the mission of the institution and is responsible for the strategic assessment, organization and building of the recruitment and admissions function at NUHS. The AVP will be charged with continuous improvement in the design and implementation of policies, processes and systems geared toward enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruiting and admissions functions. The AVP is responsible for leading and motivating this critical department to attract and admit culturally diverse, qualified students through the development of ethical and personalized recruitment strategies.
- Provides the necessary leadership and motivation to ensure that this department displays excellence and enthusiasm in all aspects of the process of admissions and communications.
- Hires, trains, manages and evaluates admissions personnel.
- Creates effective and sustainable recruitment programs and processes while at all times acting to ensure a student-centered, team approach to the admissions process.
- In conjunction with the Admissions committee, selects for admission those candidates who meet or exceed all University standards for admission.
- Establishes statistical models to accurately predict enrollment trends and class sizes.
- Represents the University in a variety of settings, including University outreach programs as well as state, alumni and professional gatherings.
- Collaborates with marketing to develop a strategic marketing plan for NUHS and assists with determining best practice strategies related to student recruitment and enrollment, including but not limited to website enhancements, social networking, multi-media, advertising buys, and list buys for campaigns to achieve enrollment goals.
- Ensures effective recruitment plan by analyzing data, evaluating current trends and developing new strategies and/or taking corrective action when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining institutional message as given by the President to prospective students that is both consistent and accurate in its representation of the University.
- Develops and manages departmental budget for Admissions.
- Prepares and submits admissions reports on a timely basis.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key community and educational partners such as pre-professional health advisors.
- Serves on University committees as assigned.