Nebraska Wesleyan University
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an Assistant Registrar who will assist the University Registrar and Associate Registrar in managing and supervising the Registrar’s Office, which serves as the focal point for accumulating, processing, recording, and maintaining all permanent course and student files. Assistant Registrar will be responsible for managing transfer credit evaluation processes, processing new transfer and graduate student academic files, and oversight of educational certification processes for student Veteran’s Administration Educational Benefits as the School Certifying Officer (SCO).
* Coordinate transfer evaluation processes to include evaluation of transfer credits
* Report credit granted using general education and major analyses to new and continuing undergraduate students through written communication
* Serve as School Certifying Official (SCO) for the Veteran’s Administration Educational Benefits completing certification processes for students receiving VA educational benefits
* Work with students, department chairs/program directors, recruiting staff and advisors, and appropriate persons from other institutions or agencies to determine the transferability of courses
* Implement and maintain appropriate transfer tracking and communication systems (TES and Transferology)
* Post AP and CLEP equivalency credits and grade changes
* Process new transfer and graduate student files to ensure completeness
* Verify enrollment and proper coding in student information system
* Communicate account holds to students
* Assist with graduation checks for degree candidates and correspond with students to assist in their progress toward meeting graduation requirements
* Assist with graduation preparation and the graduation ceremonies
* Assist with modification processes to student requirements so that academic analyses are accurate
* Bachelor’s Degree required
* One year of relevant experience in a Registrar’s Office required
* Must be knowledgeable about and sensitive to federal, state, and NWU policies and procedures
* Ability to use Excel, Word, or other software products
* Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication with faculty and students
* Demonstrate good organizational writing and proofreading skills; be detail oriented, adaptable, and flexible; and work in an environment with multiple interruptions
* Ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
Preference will be given for:
* Experience with Informer, Colleague, or Web Advisor
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu
Position includes a comprehensive package with health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employees’ dependents among other benefits.Job Traveling : None
Transfer Credit Evaluation