Oakland Community College
Assists the Registrar in the administration of student records, scheduling, transcripts, and enrollment reports. Performs professional and administrative work supervising personnel and procedures to ensure competent, high quality, and customer-driven services. Improves timeliness of information processing through effective system management, staff development, and interdepartmental communication for internal and external constituencies. This position is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
• Knowledge of enrollment and student services
• Knowledge of budgeting principles
• Knowledge of and experience with student software systems
• Skill in both written and verbal communication
• Skill in organization, interpersonal communication/public relations, and in team leadership
• Ability to comply with regulatory requirements with respect to student academic records and other documentation
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required:
1. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Student Services department at the Auburn Hills in the Registrar’s Office.
2. Collaborates with IT to research and implement appropriate technologies to increase efficiency in the Student Services Department and to best serve students.
3. Organizes, coordinates, and operationalizes implementation of procedures relating to delivery of student services at the Auburn Hills Campus to include Colleague-related policies and procedures; acts with Registrar to establish college wide procedures.
4. Evaluates and responds to student appeals regarding residency, registration, grade changes, graduation requirements, substitutions of required courses, and tuition refunds.
5. Researches, analyzes, and resolves student disputes and potential College errors as they relate to student records, registration, and potential student disenfranchisement, as directed by Registrar.
6. Coordinates and collaborates with other departments and areas to improve services for students.
7. Collaborates with Secondary and Post-Secondary Partnerships for coordination of enrollment agreements with partner institutions.
8. Provides oversight for scheduling software.
9. Serves as direct supervisor for Student Services personnel in the Registrar’s Office and International Student Advisors to include the assignment and distribution of duties, training, performance evaluations, and reviewing leave time requests.
10. Serves as Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) overseeing the student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS); performs oversight of records for primary contact for Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
11. Coordinates necessary training for college wide new hires; determines correct security access levels in Colleague and Perceptive Content software.
12. Monitors aspects of graduation related to evaluation and certification of all graduation application requirements (degree audit); relays to Marketing for publication for commencement.
13. Serves on appropriate college wide committees assisting with the formulation of policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
14. Assumes duties of the Registrar in their absence.
15. Assists with development of the departmental budget.
16. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
17. Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) or more years of experience in enrollment, registration, and/or student services with five (5) or more years of supervisory experience and experience with standard technology software.
PI187712527Job Traveling : None