Oakland Community College
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that maybe required:
1. Establishes departmental objectives and leads admissions team inimplementing college policies and procedures related to recruitment,outreach, enrollment, and retention activities for students.
2. Supervises admissions in supporting strategic plans including analyses of conversion rates from prospective to enrolled students and on fall to winter persistence.
3. Collaborates with Institutional Effectiveness and Marketing departments to acquire real time, historical, and future college enrollment analytics to aid in enrollment management planning.
4. Develops action plans for enrollment management via the analysis of recruitment, outreach, and retention outcomes with CRM data reports.
5. Maintains established relationships with secondary schools,educational institutions, businesses, agencies, and civic organizations pursues new networks with external stakeholders to promote collegeprograms to prospective students.
6. Oversees College efforts to develop high school dual enrollment andother pre-college learning opportunities.
7. Develops and participates in marketing initiatives, including admission publications, for prospective students via face-to-face and social mediaplatforms.
8. Participation on/membership of College committees as identified bythe Vice Chancellor of Student Services.
9. Prepares, recommends, and monitors College-wide recruitment budget.
10. Prepares and presents enrollment and retention metrics to internal college stakeholders as needed.
11. Develops and oversees admissions outreach calendar.
12. Travels as a College representative to external outreach events, as needed this may include evening and weekend hours.
13. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
14. Ability to work additional hours, as need.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Understanding and commitment to the comprehensive community college mission
Experience motivating and supervising a team
Knowledge of marketing and recruitment principles and college admission practices
Knowledge of student enrollment management and retention strategies
Skill in both written and verbal communication
Computer literacy including the use of customer relationshipmanagement (CRM) software
Highly effective organization skills
Skills in interpersonal and public relations
Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural diverse working environment
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Two years recruiting and/or marketing experience with demonstrated managerial or professional experience related to the position.
Experience with multi-cultural staff and students preferred.
Knowledge of higher education recruitment, markets, and enrollment also highly preferred.
PI132238427Job Traveling : None