The Office of the University Registrar at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio is seeking an Assistant Registrar for Academic Records.
The Assistant Registrar for Academic Records position is responsible for the maintenance of student academic records and implementation of the University grading policy. This includes providing strategic vision for the services within this position’s responsibility. It also includes serving as the steward of academic records for every person who has attended Ohio University for academic credit; providing user friendly transcript services; providing oversight of the degree conferral process; providing user friendly enrollment, degree, and credential verification services; providing oversight for compliance with several different policies and regulations; providing user friendly services to students for obtaining grades.
1. Manages the faculty grade reporting processes, including the opening of grading, maintenance/enhancement of the grading system, and running all the processes that update grades and academic standing while ensuring all grade processing related functions are accurate. Provide data and information on issues and policies related to grading such as grade distribution reports. Providing user friendly services for students accessing grades and other academic information.
2. Serves as steward of student academic records including historical records dating back to the 1800s. Manages release of academic records (e.g., transcripts, grades) to ensure compliance with FERPA. Responsible for enrollment, degree, and credential verification services. Responsible for providing user friendly transcript services and diploma services.
3. Responsible for compliance with enrollment and degree reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) and National Student Loan Data System (via NSC).
4. Lead one administrative staff person and provide oversight for the application for graduation process, degree conferral process, commencement program, NCAA/MAC academic eligibility, records retention policy.
5. Coordinates and provides training on the student information system and develops/maintains user guides for accessing student academic data within the system; provide support as needed to University community using the system. Test the student information system, application for graduation system, Faculty & Advising Center system, and other related systems as needed for upgrades and enhancements. Collaborate with staff in the ongoing process of analyzing academic records related services and participate in the revision, enhancement, and development of functional requirements to maintain and improve these services.
Supervises one administrative staff member, which includes planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards. Is responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff. Plans organizational structure and position content.
Bachelor’s degree required by start date.
Minimum of three years related work experience required.
Minimum of three years management experience required.
Completion of successful background check required.
Master’s degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling or related field preferred.
Experience in PeopleSoft is preferred.
Experience with National Student Clearinghouse is preferred.
Experience with Credentials/Parchment is preferred.
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For full consideration, please apply by October 29, 2021.Job Traveling : 0-20%
Academic Policy & Curriculum Delivery