Plymouth State University
Vice President for Enrollment Management & Communications
Summary of Position
Reporting to the President and serving on the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President of Enrollment Management & Communications (VPEMCOM) provides vision, leadership, and management of the University’s goals, objectives, and strategies for each area under their leadership.
To ensure the continued excellence of Plymouth State University (PSU), the VPEMCOM is responsible for providing strategic and innovative leadership in the following areas of Enrollment Management: Graduate Admissions, International Admissions, Undergraduate Admissions, Transfer Admissions, Recruitment Events and Recruitment Operations. The VPEMCOM is charged with establishing, implementing, and evaluating aggressive student enrollment strategies, while ensuring the constant review of methodologies, via the analysis of data-driven metrics, to yield meaningful results. They must be knowledgeable of changing demographics and trends within the realm of student enrollment intricacies and leverage their knowledge of the industry to reach targeted goals. In partnership with other areas, the VPEMCOM will develop and implement a university-wide retention strategy that tracks student progress from pre-intake through graduation.
The VPEMCOM will have executive-level oversight of the University’s Communications and Marketing activities in the following areas: Creative Services, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, and University Communications. The position is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive marketing plans, communications, and outreach efforts for PSU. They are tasked with leading both external and internal communication strategies, which includes the review of multi-dimensional programs to positively influence public perception via all media outlets.
PRIORITY REVIEW DATE: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 19th, 2023 in order to receive priority review. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or the search is otherwise closed at the University’s discretion.
Acceptable minimum level of education
Acceptable minimum years of experience
Other minimum qualifications
· Master’s Degree and a minimum of 7 years (10 or more years is preferred) of progressively responsible leadership work experience in the areas of Enrollment/Admissions Management and/or Communications/Marketing (preferably with 4 or more years of leadership experience in a Higher Education setting), with demonstrated success in developing, evaluating, and improving student recruitment and enrollment;
· Proven success in creating and achieving measurable goals while using data driven enrollment metrics;
· Ability to make strategic decisions, within the framework of financial and budgetary constraints;
· Ability to lead, supervise and manage employees in multi-functional units;
· Demonstrated capacity to envision, design, and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy in an organization (preferably higher education institution) of similar complexity;
· Ability to think strategically and execute marketing programs through effective management of multidimensional communication outlets or channels, such as digital and social media, while also using predictive analytics, targeted marketing and leveraging strategic interpersonal interaction methodologies.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Excellent organizational, strategic, and planning skills.
· The utilization of vision and exemplary leadership qualities to implement superior marketing strategies to align with the recruitment and enrollment of students, including those from diverse backgrounds.
· A relentless amount of enthusiasm and integrity to lead PSU efforts, while being flexible to an ever-changing environment.
· A consensus builder and collaborative community focused partner who can work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, while continuing to improve student enrollment program activities.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Quick link for Posting
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
Plymouth State University offers high-quality baccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. Through research and innovative community partnerships, the University contributes to the economic, social, cultural, and environmental development of the North Country and Lakes Region of New Hampshire and beyond.
Plymouth State University (PSU) is transforming the campus to create a first-of-its-kind university holistically organized around integrated clusters. Our goal is to provide a dynamic interdisciplinary and innovative learning environment. Students, faculty, staff, and community will connect to solve real-world challenges that will benefit people and organizations at all levels. We are a residential and comprehensive university with a warm and engaged learning community focused on teaching excellence and regional engagement. The University is located in the heart of the Lakes Region and White Mountains of New Hampshire and serves approximately 4,300 undergraduate and more than 2,000 graduate students.
Our Integrated Cluster Learning Model amplifies the educational experience and strengthens the institution’s legacy of interdisciplinary study and applied experiential learning. PSU students will work in teams with faculty and partners within 7 Integrated Clusters of degree programs: Exploration and Discovery; Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Arts and Technologies; Health and Human Enrichment; Justice and Security; Education, Democracy and Social Change; and Tourism, Environment and Sustainable Development. Now is an exciting time to join Plymouth State and help shape our new kind of university and ultimately tomorrow’s leaders.
Surrounded by lakes and mountains, PSU’s 170-acre campus provides students with an outstanding natural laboratory for learning and an ideal setting for outdoor recreation. PSU has consistently earned national recognition for its commitment to community service, environmental sustainability, academic excellence, and employee wellness.
· Provides vision, leadership, and management of the University’s Enrollment Management Plan including the comprehensive oversight for planning and implementation of goals, objectives, and strategies related to each area under the leadership of the VPEMCOM as well as ensuring those goals, objectives, and strategies are reflective of the vision and mission of Plymouth State University.
· Creates the recruitment and admission strategy, implements growth strategies, provides enrollment forecasting, utilizes analytical data to target and adjust enrollment strategies.
· In partnership with other areas, develop and implement a university-wide retention strategy that tracks student progress from pre-intake to graduation.
· Working closely with the Chief Diversity Officer & Director of Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice, supports the development and implementation of innovative strategies that lead to student success in a welcoming and authentically diverse community of learning and social interaction in which all perspectives are valued
· Provides guidance to President’s Cabinet in the development of short- and long range plans and supports the achievements of goals that are aligned with the Universities’ Sustainability and Vitality Plan.
· Reviews and oversees all personnel matters for staff under their sphere of leadership; ensures successful recruitment and retention of a well -qualified, high performing team focused on the effective delivery of programs and services that enhances student life cycle, supports ongoing training and professional development of staff
· Develops, implements, and interprets procedures, processes, and policies; manages change in a thoughtful manner and establishes best practices that are tailored to the unique needs and capabilities of the university.
· Establishes and builds positive relationships with the external community.
· Cultivates trust and credibility with colleagues.
· Utilizes state, regional, and national data to create predictive models of enrollment trends and results
· Maximizes/leverages technology to support enrollment efficiencies and data utilization
· Exhibits knowledge of the challenges and complexities facing regional public higher education universities and students in the 21st century.
· Ability to work effectively with students, parents, faculty, administration, staff, alumni, and the general public.
· Provides guidance to the President’s Cabinet in the development of plans related to assigned areas of responsibility.
· Supports the achievements of goals that are aligned with the University’s initiatives.
· Provides oversight of the editorial direction of effective print, electronic, website, digital and video communications; provides effective management of fiscal/budgetary communication related activities.
· Positions the university for positive and enhanced media coverage in the local, regional, and national landscape; monitors areas of concern or interest and positively promotes PSU events.
· Manages the effectiveness of branding and university image efforts, while engaging in the recruitment and enrollment of emerging students, from diverse backgrounds and locales.
· Maintains operational compliance with the following: PSU & USNH Policies; Local, State and Federal laws and regulations; FERPA and HIPPA.
· Responsible for the direct supervision and evaluation of staff assigned to their areas of leadership.
· Utilizes appropriate supervisory skills to address personnel matters within their work teams; assists with the successful recruitment of high-performing team members; supports the training and professional development of team members.
· Ensures staff members apply student-centric philosophies while engaging in assigned work duties.
· Maintains best practices by developing consistent procedures through the training and continual assessment of assigned areas of responsibility.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervision & Budget Administration
The Vice President of Enrollment Management and Communications is responsible for direct supervision and evaluation of the following staff/departments, ensures the staff embrace and apply student-centric philosophy, develops and manages the operating budget for all assigned areas, leads the team in quantitative analyses of actual enrollment trends and the application of mathematical and statistical methods to education, economic and behavior data, maintains best practices by developing consistent procedures through training and continual assessment for the following units:
· Enrollment Management
· Marketing & Communications
Job Traveling : None