San Francisco State University
CPaGE Director of Enrollment Services (Administrator I) – College of Professional and Global Education
Job No: 535452
Work Type: Management (MPP)
Location: San Francisco
Categories: MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Director of Enrollment Services (DES)
Administrator I, MPP I – Management Personnel Plan
This position is an MPP Level I in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the MPP II, Assistant Dean.
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State’s policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing mailto:email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a “designated position” in the California State University’s Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Professional and Global Education (CPaGE)
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range
$7,917.00 – $9,584.00 monthly ($95,004.00 – $115,008.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position reports to the CPaGE Assistant Dean. The Director of Enrollment Services (DES) is responsible for the development and supervision of the enrollment team staff and the development of a positive and productive team culture, the optimal operations of the College’s enrollment and registration systems, the provision of high-quality customer service to students and internal and external partners, the coordination of the College’s enrollment and registration hardware, software and information technology systems and the effective tracking and reporting of enrollment data as needed. The DES will provide leadership to the College and unit with respect to increasing overall enrollments and streamlining operations and processes on an ongoing basis. The DES will keep current with best practices in the field and develop a strategic plan for the unit.
• Ensure that staff provide professional and customer service to students, faculty and internal and external partners at a high level.
• Streamline operations and develop and maintain current standard operating procedures (SOPs) (e.g., and setting up of classes, registration, cashiering, grade processing, records storage and retrieval, production of reports).
• Prepare annual budget.
• Prepare and maintain standard operation procedures for the unit.
• Ensure all course set-up requests are reviewed for accuracy.
• Liaise with relevant campus departments, including Information Technology Services and Student Affairs and Enrollment.
• Management, to ensure efficient Campus Solutions integration to meet CPaGE specific business processes and student needs.
• Maintain accountability for meeting FERPA and other relevant federal, state, CSU and SF State student record directives and procedures.
• Provide ongoing improvements in functionality in the service of efficient, effective, and continually improving unit operations.
• Coordinate operations with SF State and CPaGE units as needed to maintain compliance with current policies and procedures and via effective communication and information sharing strategies.
• Keep current with relevant changes at the CSU and in the profession.
• Participate on a variety of internal and external cross-functional committees and work groups to share and implement deliverables across the unit and college.
• Communicate with CPaGE staff and leadership to ensure that decisions related to student enrollments are consistent with chancellor’s office and SF State policy and CPaGE procedures.
• Coordinate with the Financial Aid leadership to secure financial aid for students participating in CPaGE programs.
• Oversee the awarding of certificates.
• Create a productive, communicative, pro-active team culture.
• Support and coach staff and assist with skills and career development.
• Develop and lead informative, productive and engaging staff meetings and trainings.
• Write effective and strategic probationary or annual performance evaluations and goals and engage with staff in conversations about progress toward goals at least once per quarter.
Planning and analysis
• Prepare a 3-to-5-year strategic plan for the unit.
• Join relevant campus committees or work groups and develop strategic relationships that affect campus student services issues and advocate for CPaGE student service needs across the campus.
• Propose unit changes that incorporate current and evolving trends in the enrollment and registration field.
• Provide analysis of enrollment trends and other data as requested by leadership.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years’ experience managing enrollment teams and processes in a university setting
• Strong knowledge of relevant policies, procedures
• Experience with data analysis and reporting in higher education.
• Master’s degree in business, public administration, or related field
• Knowledge of professional and continuing education and international student policies and procedures
• Experience with strategic planning
• Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
• Customer/client focus with an emphasis on problem solving and resolution.
• Experience in development and implementation of current trends in student services.
• Strong knowledge of California State University and SF State policies and procedures
• Experience managing represented staff
• Experience developing and forecasting budgets and analyzing costs.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life’s Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University’s commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
CSU strongly encourages faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process are encouraged to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4984929
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Job Traveling : None