FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Seattle University seeks a dynamic and experienced leader for the position of University Registrar to join our community. This position requires a unique combination of strong leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills. The University Registrar actively contributes to comprehensive strategic enrollment and student success efforts, providing thought leadership as the University continues to develop innovative programs and approaches to meet the changing needs of traditional and adult learners. The University Registrar leads the team responsible for effectively managing all aspects of academic records and student registration processes, must create and maintain collaborative working relationships with institutional leadership, faculty, and staff and support University programs and policies as established by federal, state, administrative, and academic entities. The Registrar acts as a central communication resource for academic and policy information related to student records management, promotes the effective use of technology and operational excellence and manages all academic ceremonies.
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the University Registrar is responsible for managing all functions of the Office of the Registrar including the integrity of student academic records, the student registration processes, student records (grade and enrollment reporting), and degree completion verification.
The University Registrar serves in a key role with Information Technology Services around data governance and data stewardship, brings appropriate technology advances to the work of the department and division, coordinates import of records from the customer relationship management system and maintains critical systems including the student information system, document imaging, course and classroom scheduling, and catalog maintenance.
The University Registrar serves on key campus-wide task forces and councils as the University considers how best to serve the needs of prospective students, current students and alumni.
This role leads a team of 10 staff members and is responsible for providing strong leadership and overseeing the professional operation of the office, including compliance with governmental regulations and institutional policies, effective budget management, enrollment reporting, accreditation reporting and audits, and outstanding customer service.
This position works collaboratively with the academic leadership of the university in developing, maintaining, and effectively communicating academic policies and in addressing issues related to student academic records and student data integrity.
The University Registrar works creatively and collaboratively to maximize the use of physical facilities in course scheduling and works collegially with colleges/schools in scheduling courses and assigning classroom space. Additionally, the University Registrar is responsible for the coordination and oversight for all academic ceremonies, including convocation and commencement.
• Master’s degree and seven years of progressive responsibility within a Registrar’s Office including five years of supervisory experience as an associate or assistant registrar, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Demonstrated skills as an empowering supervisor and team builder, developing a strong shared vision.
• Experience in leading change in higher education that achieves institutional goals.
• Creative and innovative thinking and problem solving.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a university setting.
• Strong communication, active listening, organizational and planning skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence and professional comportment.
• Exemplary customer service skills and commitment to mentor others in such skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally with peers, senior leaders, key campus partners, and Office of the Registrar staff in achieving goals.
• Strong technical and analytical skills, including the ability to review processes and utilize data to recommend policy and process improvements.
• Strong interpersonal skills, professional integrity, and a sense of humor.
• Demonstrated ability to navigate complex organizations.
• Prior experience with student information systems and web-based applications.
• All candidates must show a demonstrated commitment to diversity and the university’s mission, vision, and values.
• All positions at Seattle University require a criminal history background check.
• Experience as an associate registrar or registrar.
• Strong experience with the Ellucian Colleague Student Information System, as well as experience with course scheduling software, document imaging software and customer relationship management software.
• Experience in other areas of enrollment management is also highly valued.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuits value, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with a generous 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% tuition remission benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Christmas break closure, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attach an electronic cover letter and resume when applying. Persons who need assistance with the recruitment process may contact the Office of Human Resources at: 206-296-5870. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1955343Job Traveling : None