The Managing Associate Registrar is responsible for supervising the registrar team and in managing the oversight of the day-to-day operations of the office.
Ensure all operational deadlines are met with high-level customer service.
Develop policies, practices, and process improvements to enhance or improve efficiency.
Identify and integrate emerging technologies and best practices into business operations.
Research and recommend solutions to technical and operational gaps.
Provide excellent administrative service to students, faculty, administration, staff and alumni.
Supervision & Operations:
- Hire, supervise, develop, and train the staff in the office. Ensure office coverage and the timely processing of operations to support the office in a professional, efficient, and compliant manner.
- Lead the office in the day-to-day operations and manage the activities of the staff including but not limited to registration, catalog and curriculum management, academic requirements, course set up, scheduling, grading, student record updates, enrollment reporting, and graduation.
- In the absence of the University Registrar will serve in their place as manager of the department and representative on University committees.
- Exercise creative and critical thinking in evaluating complex situations and developing solutions; problem solve and make recommendations on issues that affect the direction of the operational needs.
- Determine procedural best practices, identify areas for process improvement, and implement operational change as appropriate.
- Ensure staff develop and maintain procedure documentation for all responsibilities and tasks in the office.
- Maintain the office calendar to ensure daily operations are carried out accordingly.
- Oversee all communication from the registrar’s office to students, faculty, and staff.
- Oversee customer-centered services and serve as point of escalation for questions that are less routine in nature.
- Provide functional leadership with an understanding of the daily operations and an in-depth knowledge of student information systems.
- Oversee all registrar applications used by the office including but not limited to: Colleague, Workday, 25Live, Parchment, Diplomas on Demand, SmartCatalog, Constant Contact, National Student Clearinghouse, ServiceNow, etc.
- Policy & Procedure:
- Responsible for knowing, interpreting, applying, and communicating academic policy and procedures
Training & Communication
- Prepare and deliver end-user training and support to users of applications specific to the functions of the registrar’s office.
- Build and foster positive relationships with administrative offices and stakeholders across the community, demonstrating respect and inclusivity.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) and a minimum of 4 years of experience in a dynamic Registrar’s office, with at least 2 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Significant expertise with Student Information System databases (experience in Colleague or Workday preferred)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong detail orientation, organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Ability to think creatively, act with strategic agility, deal with ambiguity and manage innovation
- Commitment to prioritizing inclusivity, diversity and equity in executing key responsibilities
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information, support legal compliance with a strong understanding of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), academic process, and data security best practices
PI236638939Job Traveling : None