University of Baltimore
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
• excellent tuition remission benefits
• outstanding health benefits plans and rates
• at least 11 paid holidays each year
• 40 days of annual, personal, and sick leave each year, including 20+ annual leave days
• great retirement plans
The position of Assistant Dean for Law Admissions & Enrollment Management involves leadership in enrollment and management of the functional areas of Admissions, Financial Aid, Marketing & Creative Services, and the Office of Records and Registration to achieve enrollment goals. The individual is responsible for the strategic assessment, organization and building of the recruitment and admissions function at UBalt and is charged with continuous improvement in the design and implementation of policies, processes, and systems geared toward enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruiting and admissions function. The Assistant Dean must then manage the admissions office to meet the goals of the law school and has specific responsibilities for leading, managing, and directing law school student recruitment and enrollment based on a combination of data analytics, deep knowledge about trends in law school enrollment, and experience. The Assistant Dean for Admissions & Enrollment Management, reporting to the Dean or the Dean’s designee, is the chief admissions officer for the law school. The Assistant Dean is responsible for developing the law school’s projections regarding law enrollment which in turn form the basis for the law school’s tuition and revenue projections. Further, as the senior admissions and enrollment leader in the law school, the Assistant Dean directs and supervises the Associate and Assistant Directors and other staff to support recruitment and enrollment goals for the JD program and the non-JD programs.
Admissions and Recruitment
• Manages all admissions and recruitment functions for the law school. Keeps the Dean and leadership apprised of status updates and any issues with recruitment, admission, and enrollment processing
• Works with the Dean, or the Dean’s designee, and the faculty admissions committee to develop strategic recruitment and enrollment plan and establish the law school’s annual criteria and goals.
• Directs the recruitment plan to include online and in-person recruitment, including attending national and regional recruiting events and regular visits to college campuses
• Responsible for annual evaluation of all applicants to the JD and non-JD law school programs and for the applicant admissions decisions.
• Responsible for pipeline projects, including all 3+3 programs.
• Takes the lead role in developing, reviewing, updating and distributing recruitment materials, and coordinates prospective student and applicant communication efforts to maintain a multifaceted recruitment plan.
• Develops, assesses and revises annually the scholarship strategy, program and policies using outcome data from the law school and benchmarking its results against other law schools.
• Administers the law school’s multi-million dollar scholarship program by establishing criteria, evaluating applicants and making scholarship decisions and overseeing the processing of awards.
• Collect, analyze, and utilize data to inform strategies and decisions including all admissions recruitment and outreach programs.
• Projects enrollment based on national data and trends
• Collaboration with the university’s office of enrollment management and the administration & finance office to make and align law enrollment projections
• In collaboration with our communications and leadership team, develops a strategic marketing plan and assists with determining best practice strategies related to law student recruitment and enrollment, including but not limited to website enhancements, social networking, multimedia, advertising buys and planned bulk LSAC communications campaigns in order to achieve enrollment goals.
• Reports to the Associate Dean for Administration and serves as an advisor to the Dean and the Dean’s designees, on enrollment management and strategic planning of the Law School.
• Responsible for reporting, monitoring and assuring compliance with the American Bar Association (ABA) standards regarding the law school’s admissions and enrollment and works with university partners to ensure compliance with all state, federal, USM/UB and/or accreditation requirements regarding recruitment, admissions, enrollment.
• Serves on the law school’s senior leadership team.
• Works closely with key university leadership regarding enrollment projections, scholarship strategy, financial aid and bursar issues.
• Coordinates with our alumni to enhance recruitment and retention efforts.
• Participates and represents the law school in key national organizations including the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) and American Association of Law Schools (AALS).
• Oversees the creation of the law school’s communications plan and marketing efforts for recruitment and conversion of students, including social media strategies and advertising to engage prospective and admitted students.
• Serves on other faculty committees as assigned, including those involving bar passage and curricular decisions.
Required Education: Master’s degree
Preferred Education: JD degree
Required Experience: 7 years of college/university admissions and/or enrollment management experience, ideally in law admissions and/or enrollment management strategy, plus at least 3 years of supervisory experience
Out of state travel required. Some evening and weekend events required.
The University of Baltimore (“UBalt” or “University”) does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UBalt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.Job Traveling : None