University of Connecticut
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the successful candidate will serve as a representative of the University of Connecticut in assigned territories to prospective students, school counselors and other relevant parties in support of new undergraduate enrollment initiatives. Individual will also participate in application review, which includes assessment of applicants for admission, scholarships, honors, and other programs. Admissions Officers perform duties related to the recruitment, admission, and enrollment of undergraduates in accordance with University and departmental policies.
- Develops and promotes undergraduate student recruitment and outreach efforts for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in assigned region.
- Evaluates and processes admissions applications in accordance with University policies, goals, and rules on admissibility of undergraduate students.
- Advises applicants regarding admissions requirements, eligibility for admission, program options, residency requirements and other matters related to their admission to the University.
- Serves as team leader for first year application review for Storrs and regional campuses for assigned region.
- Keeps informed regarding academic program requirements, enrollment restrictions and other issues related to recruiting and admitting students.
- Engages in extensive in-state and/or out-of-state travel to recruit prospective students.
- Assists in maintaining and updating admission records and compiles admissions reports as directed.
- Actively participates in recruiting students through promotional activities such as personal contact with counselors, students individually and in groups, schedule visits to high school and college fairs, panel discussions, presentations, and newsletters.
- Conducts territory analysis to identify productive enrollment targets and opportunities within assigned territories.
- Coordinate to ensure UConn representation at college fairs, high school visits, panel presentations and recruitment activities in assigned region.
- Serves as primary contact for the assigned region and as a resource to prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, educators, and the University community.
- Interprets admission policies and respond to inquiries about academic programs, campus life and requirements making appropriate referrals, as necessary.
- Provides support and assistance to admission programs as assigned.
- Recognizes and complies with relevant rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of related experience in some area of student affairs or prior Admissions experience. The Admissions Officer level will be determined based on candidate education and experience.
- Experience with utilizing technology in work responsibilities.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel in-state and out-of-state, and work flexible and irregular hours.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.
- Familiarity with on-line computer information systems.
- Experience working in organizations committed to global diversity.
- Experience in print and electronic communications.
Appointment Terms: This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary Range: $46,515 – $52,096 and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Search 496318. Applicants not submitting all of the requested documentation will not be considered further in the application process.
This posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. EST on Sunday, May 22, 2022.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.Job Traveling : 40% - 60%