University of Texas Medical Branch
Director, Office of Personalized Professional Success
(Micro-credentials, Stackable Credentials, Certifications, & Nontraditional/Innovative Learning)
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
UTMB – Galveston, Texas
Founded in 1891, the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) was the first medical school and hospital in the United States under unified leadership. Today, UTMB is a four campus, major academic health sciences center of global influence. For more than 130 years, the university has maintained a forward-thinking spirit that has enabled it to serve its students, patients and people in Texas and beyond in innovative ways. The members of the UTMB community share a deep commitment to service, an enduring dedication to excellence, a strong desire to blaze new trails and a great willingness to leverage their extraordinary expertise.
Director, Office of Personalized Professional Success (OPPS) is an inaugural position responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for the development of nontraditional and innovative approaches to learning while meeting market needs and generating revenue. The Director will pursue alternative credentials, namely micro-credentials, from sources including faculty, staff, system leaders, industry partners, etc., to leverage new and innovative ways to meet students where they are. The Director’s responsibilities include the overall development of the OPPS program that will support its strategic goal of becoming a leader in the micro-credential space. The incumbent will be accountable for program development, marketing, metric development, and tracking and, through collaborations with external partners, implement flexible learning modalities to allow UTMB to serve more students in the ways they prefer to learn aligned with their career trajectory.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A master’s degree and three (3) years of full-time experience in administration, program development, or student programming in higher education.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or Education and specific experience with micro-credentialing, stackable credentials, visiting education programs and conference programs.
- Additional years of experience as it relates to job duties in academic wide programs.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Creative problem solver with a track record of innovation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in team building, team managing, and ability to thrive in a cultural change environment.
- Proven track record in setting strategic and tactical direction/priorities.
- Strong leadership abilities for project teams and line management responsibilities.
- Ability to bring together diverse skill sets to form a cohesive team.
- A passion for healthcare and academia and a commitment to professionalism.
Total Rewards Package: Total rewards package will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s education level, experience, and list of qualifications. In addition to base salary, UTMB offers a superior benefits package, an excellent retirement program, as well as other potential incentives.
Living in South Houston and Galveston, Texas: Galveston Island is home to approximately 50,000 residents and is known for its 32 miles of Gulf Coast beaches, temperate climate, wide array of leisure and cultural activities, and affordable cost of living – all just south of Houston, the 4th largest city in the US. More information about UTMB and Galveston can be found on the UTMB Living Website: http://www.utmb.edu/utmbliving/
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Job Traveling : None