University of the Cumberlands
University of the Cumberlands seeks an Associate Registrar to provides direct assistance and advice to the Registrar regarding designated areas within Registration and Records. The Associate Registrar reports directly to the Registrar and assists with the operational, personnel, and financial functions within Registration and Records as assigned and provides high quality customer assistance and senior project leadership on special projects, as directed.
· Utilizes the University’s Banner system to maintain student academic records and electronic/on-line degree audit reporting, and to administer storage, security, accuracy, and preservation of academic credentials in accordance with university policy, accreditation standards, and privacy laws.
· Enforces established policy and makes recommendations for policy changes when appropriate.
· Monitors academic standing; coordinates probation, suspension, and dean’s lists.
· Assists the registrar in oversight and supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
· Manages grade and transcript processing; coordinates academic information for graduation clearance; provides special program certifications; compiles statistical information and prepares reports.
· Coordinates the grade petition process, responses to inquiries concerning academic performance, and resolves problems regarding the management of student records.
· Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with the University, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
· Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
· Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the unit.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. At least three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
3. Experience with the Banner student module
4. Strong work ethic with demonstrated collaborative and coordinative skills
5. Excellent communicator in both oral and written communication
6. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
1. Master’s degree
2. Successful supervisory experience
3. Experience working in a higher education setting
4. Administrative experienceJob Traveling : None
Academic Policy & Curriculum Delivery