University of Western States
GENERAL POSITION INFORMATION
Position Name : Assistant Registrar (hybrid work schedule)
Classification: Non-Exempt, benefitted
FTE: Full Time
Work Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm; Monday – Friday; This position is hybrid with some campus-based and some remote workdays each week.
University of Western States (UWS) offers a world-class, integrated health care education and provides an evidence-informed approach to health and wellness. Our graduates deliver high-quality health care based on science, the professional’s skill and knowledge, and the preferences and experiences of the patient or client. The university is at the forefront of an emerging, whole-person philosophy of health care by offering a variety of health and wellness educational programs. Learn more about us by visiting our website at https://www.uws.edu/.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including employer paid and employer sponsored health, dental and vision insurance plan options. 403(b) retirement plan with up to 10% match after one year. Tuition waiver eligibility for UWS academic programs after one year of employment. Free and reduced cost care in the campus health center for employees and their immediate family members. Paid vacation, sick, wellness time and holidays.
The Assistant Registrar provides support to the Registrar and assists to implement academic and administrative policies and procedures and maintain student academic records. They are responsible for processing transcripts, enrollment verifications, certifying veterans for their educational benefits, helping with student registration, and posting of degrees.
Assistant Registrar Responsibilities (80%)
- Maintain the student academic record database
Implement academic and administrative policies and procedures in the management of accurate student records
- Manipulate student information system to generate reports
- Review and maintain student information in both online systems and printed records
- Assist with organizational details relating to scheduling and registration
- Audit transcripts for graduation
- Audit records for students taking additional programs
- Process transcript and enrollment verification requests for current students and alumni
- Assist with certifying veterans
- Updates degree audits for all programs
- Create SOP documentation for various processed
- Participate in various committees as needed
Assisting Other Departments and Outside Agencies (15%)
- Assist with the organizational details of commencement, including ordering of diplomas
- Monitors the usability of existing audit reports and develops new reports when needed.
- Act as liaison to coordinate activities with faculty, staff, students, community agencies, the offices of Financial Aid, Financial Services, Student Services, and Admissions
- Communicate with outside agencies regarding the appropriate provision of documentation in support of current students and alumni
Other possible duties (5%)
- Assist with NSLDS monthly processing
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Training: Associate level or equivalent required; At least two years of college level coursework or training in adult education and data processing or related area. Relevant experience may substitute for the college level course work or training.
Experience: Experience working in higher education and with student information systems.
Related Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Strong computer, communication, and analytical skills; Attentive to detail; Adept at working independently and meeting deadlines; Working with a relational database desired; Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; and perform multiple tasks concurrently; Capable of maintaining confidentially and exercising mature judgment
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/. Click on the large orange button and follow the prompts. You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, a resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.Job Traveling : None