Reports to: President & CEO
Walsh is a private, independent, non-profit institution based in Troy, Michigan. Founded in 1922, Walsh provides business and technology education that prepares graduates for successful careers. It offers degrees at the undergraduate (upper division only), graduate, and doctoral levels. Walsh enjoys a strong reputation in the regional business community.
During the pandemic, Walsh responded quickly and has offered 100% remote course delivery since last April. Various delivery course options are typically available, including on-campus, blended courses, and remote delivery in four, 11-week semesters.
Walsh seeks an experienced and results-driven Vice President, Chief Enrollment Management Officer to maximize and sustain student enrollment. As a member of the President’s executive leadership team, the Vice President contributes to creating and implementing Walsh’s vision and strategies.
- Lead enrollment management functions, including new student recruitment, admissions, and financial aid.
- Design and implement a comprehensive, strategic recruitment and enrollment plan that attracts a qualified, diverse student body and meets/exceeds short and long range enrollment and revenue goals. Track and measure key metrics, ROI, and results; adjust strategies to maximize enrollment.
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment funnel, including developing prospect and inquiry pools, increasing conversion, application, and enrollment rates, and improving the percentage of undergraduate alumni who pursue Walsh graduate and doctoral programs. Develop and lead staff to successfully move students through the enrollment funnel.
- Deliver service and communications to prospective, inquired, applied, and registered students that are engaging and informative.
- Track, manage and enhance digital communication open, click and action rates to achieve industry averages.
- Design strategies and leverage financial aid to attract and retain student talent while maintaining a strong margin and bottom line.
- Identify and build relationships with current and new enrollment partners such as community colleges, employers, professional associations, and other academic partners. Work with other departments to facilitate outreach and partnership discussions.
- Provide leadership in leveraging various technologies that impact enrollment management, including CRM.
- In collaboration with marketing, develop and deploy consistent brand messaging and effective storytelling that best reflects the benefits of a Walsh education.
- Oversee enrollment reports and effectively communicate enrollment results.
- Lead a cross-functional team to set enrollment goals and forecasts.
- Play a key role in pricing strategy and setting tuition and fees.
- In collaboration with institutional research, examine and respond to current and projected market forces, demographic changes, and trends may influence enrollment management.
- Work with academic functions to facilitate a seamless journey for students, from admittance to current student status. Anticipate issues and build proactive systems.
- Participate in new academic program feasibility studies.
- Ensure consistent application of admittance policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations related to areas of oversight.
- Manage cost center budget.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the Board of Trustees and other constituents.
- As an executive officer, contribute to strategic visioning and planning; operational planning and coordination; communication and organization culture-building as well as trustee, Foundation director, and donor relations.
- Foster and support a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A minimum of five years experience and/or a successful track record in leading enrollment management in higher education or business development in a closely related industry.
- Significant leadership experience, preferably at the executive level. Collaborative and proactive leader with successful record of systems thinking, managing change, and building synergy and trust across teams to achieve goals.
- Possesses the demeanor and presence to earn the respect of others and represent Walsh.
- Exceptional oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills.
- Business-minded individual capable of using data and analytics to develop and adjust plans, forecast results, resolve problems and barriers, and make informed decisions.
- Ability to operationalize processes and functions to optimize maximum results and recommend changes to deliver on results.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and take ownership of multiple projects.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in developing and leading professional and support staff members.
- Familiarity with graduate and non-traditional student recruitment preferred.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of Walsh College.