Western Wyoming Community College
EXPECTATIONS AND NATURE OF THE POSITION
The Registrar is responsible for all planning, organization and supervision of the registration and records functions of the college. This person oversees student records and recordkeeping, transfer evaluation, appeals, registration for all credit and noncredit coursework at all Western registration sites, class schedule and catalog development, classroom scheduling, data analysis and reporting and graduation. The Registrar works closely with other key functions in Mustang Central including Admissions, Advising and Financial Aid. The Registrar will also work closely with other key figures on campus, such as the Vice President for Academic and Student Services and the President. Some travel is required.
This person is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and integrity of all student academic records in accordance with AACRAO standards and FERPA regulations and ensuring compliance with College policies and federal, state, and accreditation regulations, while maintaining customer service. Provides FERPA training/resources to the campus community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR WHICH THIS INDIVIDUAL IS ACCOUNTABLE
1. Provides management oversight and leadership for registration and records functions of the College. Carries out academic policy and procedures, and makes initial decisions regarding exceptions.
2. Manages the establishment and maintenance of processes and procedures to reflect current needs, best practices, and technological advancements and for the equitable and consistent administration of academic record keeping policies and procedures. Researches and makes recommendations for improvements.
3. Understands all Western student-related programs and services and is able to communicate information about these programs. Serves as the resource person to faculty regarding course and program changes, approval, etc.
4. Supervises the College’s registration process at all Western locations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Abilities, Education and Experience)
1. Master’s degree in higher education, business, management, or other related discipline.
2. Three to five years of progressively more responsible work experience in a college Registrar’s office or comparable position. Basic knowledge of good principles and practices in a college Registrar’s office including confidentiality of student records and information.
3. Supervisory experience.
4. Extensive computer ability. Must be able to maintain an administrative database, learn and train others on new software programs, create query reports and utilize software programs such as Word, Excel and Access.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form. Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
For those candidates who do not exactly meet all minimum qualifications, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which has provided comparable knowledge and abilities, may be accepted.
For full job description and to apply online, please visit: https://wwccwy.peopleadmin.com/postings/4691
Job Traveling : 0-20%
Transfer Credit Evaluation
International Credential Evaluation