- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
AACRAO collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Employer affiliation, job title and areas of responsibility
- Website usage through Google Analytics to improve the functionality of the site
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide AACRAO with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
AACRAO collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers, or about other products and services we think you might like.
- Notify you of any upcoming events that may be related to your work or interests.
- Provide membership benefits.
We use others to help us provide our Services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
AACRAO will share the mailing address and name of registrants for our meetings with participating exhibitors so that they may offer you their related products and services by mail.
How do we store your data?
AACRAO securely stores your data using hosted solutions with
- Salesforce (member database, transaction system, and marketing)
- Qualtrics (research surveys)
- MatrixGroup International (website host)
- OpenWater (submission form platform)
- Experient (event registration)
- a2Z (meeting exhibitor platform)
- Guidebook (mobile app)
AACRAO will keep your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. AACRAO will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with AACRAO’s business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
AACRAO would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like or for research related to higher education academic/enrollment services and student success.
If you have agreed to receive marketing or research, you may always opt out of either or both at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop AACRAO from contacting you for marketing or research purposes or giving your data to other members of AACRAO.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing or research purposes, please visit
What are your data protection rights?
AACRAO would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access– You have the right to request AACRAO for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that AACRAO correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request AACRAO to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that AACRAO erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that AACRAO restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to AACRAO’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that AACRAO transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: (202) 293-9161
Or write to us:
American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
1108 16th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return to AACRAO or interact with our services without signing in again. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by AACRAO when you return to one of our sites or a partner site that uses our services (for example, meeting registration or abstract submissions). Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: (202) 293-9161
Or write to us at: AACRAO
1108 16th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036